Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Reader In A dDress: Yoga

I have been receiving a lot of workout/yoga questions, so I recruited family friend and yoga extraordinaire, Lindsey Richard to help us out! Lindsey and I have been working on answering reader questions (and many of my own!) and together we will be writing a couple of posts a month, dedicated solely to yoga. I love yoga, but I am no expert and tend to get very distracted (like, veeeeery), especially when I workout with friends. 
Lindsey, we really did try to concentrate! 


What is, American Beauty!
It only took us the next hour to figure it out...

"I am determined to master the art of yoga, allowing it to do all the incredible things for my mind and body that it claims. Though, I can't help but find it boring and a waste of time, it never seems to work! I hate workout DVDs and don't have the money to take a class. Any suggestions? Where do I start?"-Jessica S., Huntington Beach, CA. 


We all know it can be tough to find the time or energy to workout, let alone experiment with an exercise that overwhelms you just thinking about it! I personally love DVD workouts; one of my favorites right now is TurboFire, which includes a yoga/stretch routine. No matter how great, I know a ton of friends who just don't find DVD workouts motivating so if that's you-we understand and I don't want you doing anything you don't somewhat enjoy!
As far as classes go, thanks to Lifebooker and Groupon, you don't always need a huge budget to attend a yoga class; one of my friends just bought a private lesson on Lifebooker for $25 (normally they can run well over $100, especially in the city)! Just one private lesson can go a long way; let the instructor know what you would like to work on, write down a few tips (most often they will be more than willing to help you with an at home workout plan) then come back for another private lesson or class down the road-once you've practiced on your own time and/or have the extra cash. 


OR, practice with me and Lindsey! Check back soon for our first yoga post to help get you started. Look forward to learning together! xo



(photo above)

No comments:

Post a Comment