Friday, June 24, 2011

Beauty Of Our Roots



1) Victorias Secret Push-Up Bikini $54 - victoriassecret.com 2) Zimmermann Sapphire Copy Cat Rouched Corset One Piece  €168 - my-wardrobe.com 3) Norma Kamali Jonny Ruched Bandeau Bikini  $175 - net-a-porter.com 4) Zimmermann Whisper Crochet-Trimmed Underwired Swimsuit $345 - net-a-porter.com 5) Victorias Secret Low Rise Bikini $82 - victoriassecret.com 6) Blue Dolly Print Halter $68 - topshop.com 7) Chloé High-Wasted Bandeau Bikini £141 - net-a-porter.com (update-should all be matching up to the correct links now!)

I was messing around with an online collage tool today and ended up with this! Did I just take Damsel In A dDress up a notch?! ha! 

After a humid day in NYC can you guess what was on my mind??? Summer, but especially the beach, is all about effortless/natural beauty. I cannot help but think of my grandma in her 20s when I think of ultimate femininity-she would never ditch beauty just because she might get her hair wet! I bet the majority of you can think of at least one female from your family tree that has inspired you with her keen fashion sense. You know exactly what I am talking about. The 40s/50s era was all about shapes that flattered a woman's body; when something is tasteful and fits well you ultimately look timeless and put together and that is what grandma had on the money! Ditch the hair worry: Pull your hair back into a low ponytail and add a thick matching or neutral tone headband. Lets honor our elders and show off the beauty of our roots. Don't forget to grab your espadrilles! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment