Saturday, June 11, 2011

Wife Goes On


If my Twitter feed could talk, it would be the most confusing and complicated person ever. Hello, my name is Molly. Somewhere between watching a hockey game and following my random obsessions via Twitter app., an InStyle Magazine update was posted on five things Ms. Jessica Biel plans to do this summer. Thanks to similar views on health, our families have gotten to know each other. Jessica is one person who truly embodies health, from the inside out and is a huge role model of mine. Number one on her list of summer to-dos: wear white!

 "Lately, I've been interested in the white lace dress trend," Biel told InStyle. "I love long white skirts and dresses in lace and linen."

Lets take a look at a few white lace dress options, then get some inspiration from the spring/summer runway on how to wear this "wifey" essential as it dips into summer. 




Lilly Pulitzer Lela Shift Lace, $328.00



Western inspired looks have been all over the runways and I couldn't be happier! I am obsessed with neutrals and texture. As always, Ralph Lauren displayed a classic and effortless way to embrace femininity. 






Lucky Brand is an affordable way to achieve a version of the Ralph Lauren looks above. Here are a few RL inspired accessories from my own closet:

Most of these things I've had forever! The platforms in the middle are by RL, the ones on the right are from Gap. Thanks to some fun trips, the bags and belts are all "souvenirs!" The coat is by Lucky and was a hand-me-down from my mom. Going through my closet every season helps so I don't over buy and keeps things organized (sorta)! 

Bright colors have been showcased in many ways recently and is one of the biggest trends of the season, anything from bags to eyeshadow, bright is in! Combining neutral tones with pops of color is one of my favorite looks. Bright on bright is another look to love; deep purple and neon pink has been seen a lot and orange is getting tons of attention from spring into summer! 
Christian Dior
Calvin Klein
Prabal Gurung

Versace

Versace
Gucci
Elie Saab


Adding a western vibe or energetic color to your white lace dress will have you ready for any summer occasion! 

Lacking extra cash? Black is always chic. Grab some nude flats or pumps, add a bright statement color (lipstick, eyeshadow, scarf, necklace, bracelets, etc.) and you're set! Embracing those floral and stripe pieces you've collected over the summers is another way to save; you can even count on polka dots to keep you looking like a flawless fashionista! Just painting your nails a neon shade is a great start! When in doubt, think 70s. 
Prada
Marc Jacobs
Rose Cha
Bright Idea: Build your own Havaianas! I built three summer looks, all for $25.00 each. Comfort and style!



The best thing about white is you really can't mess up (unless you spill as much as I do), plus it's summer, less is more. A pair of Rainbow flip flops, air dried hair, sun kissed skin and Carmex (I always get compliments on my "lip gloss"-I buy it at the gas station!) would make a white lace dress perfectly chic. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment