Saturday, June 25, 2011

Herve Dress In Distress

This afternoon some friends and I got a last minute invite to a magazine event tonight. As we scrambled around to find something to wear I fell upon this Herve Leger dress that has yet to see a summer night in the city. Perfect! One problem: it has yet to see a dry cleaner in the city either. Considering the time frame I could have A) picked something else out or B) taken matters into my own hands. Needless to say I went with solution B. I looked online and read about how to care for the particular fabric (mixture of rayon, nylon and spandex-if you have a bandage skirt/dress from BCBG it's the same!) when you don't have time to dry clean. It said hand wash in cold water and tumble dry on low/cold (unless I'd like to use "butter and a crane" to get the dress on-I would NEVER machine dry it), so it took a dip in the bathtub with gentle hand soap, then laid out on a bed of towels to dry (sounds relaxing). The photo below is how it stands as of right now (a little bumpy and taking forever to dry!). Apparently the fabric mixture can tolerate less when wet so...well...

I'll let you know how it goes! xo 


"Life is a risk."-Diane Von Furstenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment